Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Symptoms
Symptoms associated with this condition are:
- Continuous burning
- Throbbing pain
- Changes in skin temperature
- Changes in skin color
- Changes in skin texture
- Changes in hair and nail growth
- Joint stiffness
- Muscle spasms
- Decreased motion
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Complications
An untreated condition of CRPS may result in the following complications:
- Tissue wasting
- Muscle tightening
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/crps-complex-regional-pain-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20371151 Accessed on June 13, 2020.
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Phsio-pedia. Available at: https://www.physio-pedia.com/Complex_Regional_Pain_Syndrome_(CRPS) Accessed on June 13, 2020.
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Versus Arthritis. Available at: https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/complex-regional-pain-syndrome-crps/ Accessed on June 13, 2020.
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Ortho Bullet. Available at: http://www.orthobullets.com/basic-science/6095/complex-regional-pain-syndrome-crps Accessed on June 13, 2020.