Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Heel Pain diagnosed?
Following are the assessments used to diagnose the condition:
- Physical Examination
How is Heel Pain prevented?
Here are a few preventive measures that one can use to avoid any complications caused by the condition:
- Wear shoes fit properly
- Wear the right shoes
- Stretch your muscles
- Pace yourself
- Maintain a healthy diet
What is the treatment for Heel Pain?
Here are the most common treatment methods that cure the condition:
- Rest: If the condition is addressed at its initial stages, it can be fixed simply by resting.
- Icing: Icing helps reduce swelling and pain in the joints. The point where the pain is severe must be iced multiple times a day.
- Medication: Painkillers and anti-inflammatory medicines may be prescribed to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Shoe Inserts: 3/8″ or 1/2″ heel inserts may be recommended by the doctors to the patients with heel pain.
- Surgery: When non-surgical treatments don’t help, doctors may have to perform surgery to reduce the pain.
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy that involves stretching and exercise will help strengthen the muscles and reduce the pain.
Our foot and ankle unit is working around the clock to give the best services to our patients. We are equipped with one of the best facilities and treatment in Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, making us one of the best hospitals in India.
- Heel Pain. Healthline. Available at : https://www.healthline.com/health/heel-pain Accessed on June 25th, 2020.
- Heel Pain. Medical News Today. Available at : https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/181453 Accessed on June 25th, 2020.
- Heel Pain. Mayo Clinic. Available at : https://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/heel-pain/basics/causes/sym-20050788 Accessed on June 25th, 2020.
- Heel Pain. NHS. Available at : https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/foot-pain/heel-pain/ Accessed on June 25th, 2020.
- Heel Pain. Better Health. Available at : https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/foot-problems-heel-pain Accessed on June 25th, 2020.
- Heel Pain. Cleveland Clinic. Available at : https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/10060-heel-pain-common-causes-symptoms-and-treatments Accessed on June 25th, 2020.