Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis,Prevention and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Elbow Instability diagnosed?
Elbow Instability can be diagnosed with imaging tests such as:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
We have a 24-hour working diagnosis center in our orthopedic department with one of the senior doctors always on duty. Over the years, we have successfully treated various patients suffering from different conditions that make us one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad.
How is Elbow Instability prevented?
Elbow instability can be prevented by using bracing and recommended gears while performing physical activity or while continuously working on the keyboard. If not treated at the correct time the individual may face complications such as contracture, heterotopic ossification, neurovascular injuries, or residual instability.
What is the treatment for Elbow Instability?
Our doctors give the best combinations of treatment facilities to the patients after consulting other surgeons and studying each individual case properly. Some of the treatment strategies are:
- Physical therapy: Exercises to strengthen the muscles around the elbow joint.
- Activity modification: Limiting activities that cause pain or instability of the elbow.
- Bracing: To limit painful movements and help in stabilizing the elbow.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication to relieve pain.
- Ligament reconstruction: A surgical procedure to repair the elbow and restore its stability. The ligament around the elbow is tightened and reattached to the bone.
- Fracture fixation: A surgical procedure to repair the broken coronoid bone as well as the torn ligament. In this method, the broken bone fragments are aligned into their normal position and tightened using screws and a metal plate.
We are one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad with years of experience in treating elbow instability with the help and support of our multidisciplinary team. We give 360-degree care to our patients that makes us one of the top hospitals in India.
- Elbow Instability. AAOS. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/recurrent-and-chronic-elbow-instability/ Accessed on June 16th, 2020.
- Elbow Instability. Fortis US Clinic. Available at: https://www.fortiusclinic.com/conditions/elbow/elbow-instability Accessed on June 16th, 2020.
- Elbow Instability. Science Direct. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2214687313000046 Accessed on June 16th, 2020.