Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Bowed Legs prevented?
Since Bowed legs are a condition caused majorly due to insufficient vitamin D, it is important to ensure that your child gets adequate amounts of vitamin D. This can be done through a combination of a healthy diet as well as adequate sun exposure. Early consultation and treatment can help in most cases.
How is Bowed Legs diagnosed?
The most common diagnostic assessments used for bowed legs are:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
At Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad we are equipped with world-class facilities and pioneer technologies that help us detect as well as treat the problem from the core. It is because of our adept team that we are one of the top hospitals near you for bowed legs.
What is the treatment for Bowed Legs?
The treatment strategies available for bowed legs include:
- Special shoes: Using special shoes that are designed to increase the comfort level in people with bowed legs is one of the most common strategies used.
- Braces: Braces help pull the legs into a straighter position slowly. They are worn until the bones have been straightened.
- Surgery to correct bone abnormalities: Osteotomy is the surgery that is performed to correct the bow leg.
Treating underlying conditions: It is important to treat the underlying diseases like rickets, Blount disease, Paget’s disease, etc. As these diseases are often the reason behind bowed legs.
We are one of the top hospitals in Hyderabad with years of expertise in treating bowed leg conditions with the help and support of our multidisciplinary team. We strive to ensure 360-degree care to all our patients and that makes us one of the best hospitals in India.
- Bowed Legs Diseases. OrthoInfo. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/bowed-legs-blounts-disease/ Accessed on June 11, 2020.
- Bowed Legs. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/bowlegs Accessed on June 11, 2020.
- Bowed Legs. Limb length. Available at: https://www.limblength.org/conditions/bowlegs/ Accessed on June 11, 2020.
- Bowed Legs. CH Ortho. Available at: https://www.chortho.com/common-conditions/bowlegs-and-knock-knees Accessed on June 11, 2020.