General Surgery Diseases and Conditions Hospital in Hyderabad
The department of general surgery treats a number of diseases and conditions including:
Hernias are painful. They are conditions where an organ or part of the organ pushes through and/or protrudes from an opening in a muscle or tissue that surrounds and holds it. There are many different types of hernias:
- Inguinal hernia: It is a condition where the intestine or bladder pushes through the wall of the abdomen or into the inguinal canal in the groin region and is common in men due to already present weakness in the area.
- Incisional hernia: It is a condition when the intestine protrudes through the abdominal wall where a previous abdominal surgery had taken place. May take place in elder or overweight people who remain inactive after abdominal surgery.
- Femoral hernia: It is a condition when the intestine enters the femoral-artery-carrying canal and into the upper thigh region. It is common in women especially if pregnant and/or overweight.
- Umbilical hernia: It is a condition when a portion of the small intestine passes through the abdominal wall near the navel region. It is often common in newborn babies.
- Hiatal hernia: It is a condition in which the upper portion of the stomach squeezes through the hiatus (an opening in the diaphragm where the esophagus passes through).
This is a condition that pertains to the inflammation of the appendix, a finger-shaped pouch that projects from the large intestine, on the lower side of the abdomen. When appendix inflammation gets out of control, it causes pain in the lower right abdomen and navel area. It can occur at any age, but is common among kids and adults between the ages of 10 to 30.
Is a disease that includes inflammation, infection, stones and/or blockage of the gallbladder. There are many diseases that fall under the umbrella term of gallbladder disease and it includes gallstones, gangrene or abscesses, and tumors of the gallbladder or bile duct to name a few.
Gallstones refer to a problem wherein pieces of solid material form in the gallbladder. This condition may also be referred to as cholelithiasis.
- Cholesterol Gallstones: They are the most common type of gallstones, which are yellowish in color.
- Pigment Stones: Made up of bilirubin, these are red/maroon in color and are smaller than cholesterol gallstones.
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
In this digestive disorder, the lower part of the esophageal sphincter is affected causing the food to come back up from the stomach. It is a chronic condition.
This disease involves inflammation and lumps around the anal region. Depending upon its location, hemorrhoids can either be classified as internal or external. Common symptoms include bleeding with the passage of stool, pain, itching in the anal region, and swelling around the anus.
Acute pancreatitis appears suddenly and lasts for a few days. The patient experiences pain due to the inflammation of the pancreas. Patients with mild pancreatitis may experience symptoms for a short term, but in severe cases, symptoms can persist and may cause life-threatening complications.
What are the symptoms of appendicitis? How is it diagnosed?
The major symptoms of appendicitis include stabbing, abrupt pain in the abdominal region, chills, fever, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. To diagnose this condition, physical examination, blood tests, urine tests, and imaging tests may be carried out but the most common is sonography.
Which is the best hospital for appendix surgery in Hyderabad?
One of the best hospitals for appendix surgery is Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad because of our state-of-the-art facilities, advanced technologies, and a team of extremely qualified and experienced medical professionals who specialize in general surgery and aim to provide you with the best treatment.
Which is the best hospital for hernia treatment in Hyderabad?
Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad is considered one of the best for hernia treatments in Hyderabad because we offer minimally invasive (laparoscopic) hernioplasties and other hernia-related treatments.
Which is the best hospital for colorectal surgery in Hyderabad?
One of the best hospitals for colorectal surgery is Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad because of our advanced technologies and a team of extremely qualified, experienced, medical professionals who specialize in general surgery and aim to provide you with the best treatment and smooth recovery post-op.