Ovarian Cancer Surgery Cost in Hyderabad
We have one of the best team of cancer specialists team of doctors in Hyderabad, who are highly specialized in ovarian cancer treatment and surgery.
All You Need To Know About Ovarian Cancer Surgery
Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer that occurs in the ovaries that results due to the metastatic growth of cells. The ovaries are responsible for producing eggs, and the hormones estrogen and progesterone in the female reproductive system.
Ovarian cancer surgery is decided based on the type of cancer and its stage in the body. There are around 30 types of ovarian cancers that are classified on the basis of cells where they begin. Some of these types are:
1. Ovarian epithelial cancer: These cancers commonly spread to the lining and organs of the pelvis and abdomen, and then may spread to other areas such as lungs, liver, brain, bones, and skin.
2. Germ cell tumors: These occur in the germ cells or egg-producing cells i.e. ovaries. The various subtypes of this cancer are:
- Teratomas: Their cells contain different types of tissues such as hair, muscle, and bone tissue.
- Dysgerminoma: These are rare, and do not spread quickly. They usually occur in other parts of the body such as the central nervous system.
- Endodermal sinus tumor and choriocarcinoma tumors: These are extremely rare.
3. Sex cord-stromal tumors: These tumors develop from the stroma tissue cells that are responsible for producing the female hormones estrogen and progesterone. They often lead to abnormal vaginal bleeding. The subtypes of this cancer are:
- Granulosa cell tumors
- Granulosa-theca tumors
- Sertoli-Leydig tumors
There are certain diagnostic procedures to determine the type of cancer and help to decide the best course of treatment such as CA-125 blood test, transvaginal ultrasound (TVUS), PET-CT scan, and MRI scan.
How much does Ovarian Cancer Surgeries cost in India?
The average cost of ovarian cancer surgeries in India is approximately Rs. 2,70,242. However, the prices may vary depending upon the hospitals in different cities.
What is the average cost of Ovarian Cancer Surgeries in Hyderabad?
The average cost of ovarian cancer surgeries in Hyderabad is Rs.99,000. Yet, it depends upon multiple factors.
Types Of Ovarian Cancer Surgeries
- Partial hysterectomy: In this procedure, the surgeon removes the uterus leaving the cervix intact.
- Total hysterectomy: In this surgery, the surgeon removes the uterus as well as the cervix from the reproductive tract. The surgeon may also remove the ovaries and uterine tubes.
- Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (BSO): In this procedure, the surgeon removes the ovaries as well as both the fallopian tubes from the uterus.
- Unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy: In this procedure, the surgeon removes only one ovary and one fallopian tube.
- Omentectomy: It is a surgical procedure to remove the layer of tissue that covers the stomach and large intestine.
- Lymph node dissection: It is a surgical procedure to remove some of the lymph nodes present in the pelvis and abdomen region.
Factors Affecting Cost Of Ovarian Cancer Surgery
- Fees of gynecological oncologist and medical team
- Cost of hospitalization
- Diagnostic scans and other medical tests
- Need for chemotherapy or other targeted therapies
- The stage of ovarian cancer
- Type of surgery required for the cancer
What is Ovarian Cancer Surgery cost at Yashoda Hospitals?
At Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad, we have a team of expert oncology surgeons, radiologists and gynecologists, backed by a team of trained staff who are dedicated to providing accurate and timely treatment procedures for ovarian cancer. We provide services such as hysterectomy, omentectomy, etc. using the latest equipment for surgery as well as post surgery treatments like chemotherapy. Our patients travel from all over the world for these treatments. Over the years, we have carried out several successful surgeries making us one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad. We are one of the best Ovarian Cancer Surgery hospital in Hyderabad. To know more about the cost of Ovarian Cancer Surgery. Click on enquire now.