Yashoda Hospitals launched advanced test for cervical cancer detection
Yashoda Hospitals launched HPV DNA test – The revolutionary technology in the detection and prevention of cervical cancer in women. HPV TEST is the only test approved by the USFDA and is more predictive than PAP SMEAR TEST in diagnosis of cervical cancer.
The New Standard in Laboratory efficiency of Risk Assessment / Early Diagnosis of Cervical Cancer and Easy Screening HPV DNA Test with High Sensitivity.
Dr. Lalitha Reddy, vice-president of Yashoda Group said the hospital introduced the expensive equipment with a great sense of responsibility for the first time in the Telugu States as a preventive and curative health.
Dr. Shanta Kumari, senior gynaecologist and president, GOGSI said PAP smear had been routinely used till now for screening of cervical cancer.
Dr. Pavan Gorukanti, Director, Yashoda Hospitals said one of the most important risk factors for developing cancer of cervix was infection by high-risk strains of a virus called HPV (Human Papilloma Virus). The presence of HPV has been implicated in greater than 90% of cervical cancers worldwide.
CERVICAL CANCER INDIA ALERT!
- Second most common cause of death due to cancer in Indian women
- India alone accounts for one-quarter of cervical cancers worldwide
- Kills nearly 200 women in India every day
- Cervical Cancer occurs in approximately 1 in 53 Indian women
- Nearly 50% of women who succumb to Cervical Cancer are due to lack of awareness of timely screening.
- Early detection is the key in the fight against Cervical Cancer