Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction (PTTD)
Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction diagnosed?
Following are the most common assessments done in the diagnosis of Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction:
- CT scan
We have an orthopedic open round the clock with a senior doctor available 24/7 in Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad. We have provided impeccable services to our patients throughout the years and are one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad.
What is the treatment for Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction?
Following are the treatment strategies that are used in curing the condition:
- Rest: Reducing or stopping the activity that causes pain is the first thing people with Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction must do.
- Ice: Icing helps soothe the pain. One must ice the affected area several times a day.
- Medication: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicines are given to patients. They help soothe the pain and reduce the inflammation.
- Bracing: Braces provide support and help reduce the pressure exerted on the tendons, and also support the joints.
- Physical Therapy: Patients who have mild or moderate conditions may benefit from physical therapy. Physical therapy involves stretching and muscle strengthening exercises.
- Surgery: Surgeries are performed when nothing works and the patient is still in the pain. The type of surgery depends on the location of the tendon and the amount of damage. Surgeries are performed to reconstruct these tendons.
We have treated a lot of patients with posterior tibial tendon dysfunction disorder throughout the years with the help of our experienced doctors, surgeons and staff making us one of the top hospitals in India.
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/tibial-nerve-dysfunction Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction. OrthoInfo. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/posterior-tibial-tendon-dysfunction/ Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://mayoclinic.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/posterior-tibial-tendon-dysfunction-and-flatfoot-analysis-with-si Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction. NBCI. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4367001/ Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction. Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/departments/orthopaedics-rheumatology/depts/foot-ankle-center Accessed on June 15th, 2020.