Causes, Symptoms, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Morton’s Neuroma diagnosed?
Some of the most common assessments in the diagnosis of Morton’s Neuroma are as follows:
We have a 24-hour working diagnostics center in our orthopedic department for a round the clock diagnosis and treatments. We have the most advanced technologies that help us get to the core of the problems that our patients face and enables us to give them the best possible treatment making us one of the best hospitals in India.
How is Morton’s Neuroma prevented?
There are ways in which one can prevent Morton’s Neuroma. The preventive measures are listed below:
- Avoid shoes with pointed toes
- Low heels
- Don’t wear tight shoes
What is the treatment for Morton’s Neuroma?
Following are the most common forms of treatment strategies that are used in curing Morton’s Neuroma:
- Footwear Changes: One suffering from Morton’s Neuromamust avoid wearing high heels or tight shoes and must switch to flats or low heels and wider shoes, with soft soles. This helps the bones spread out and may reduce the pressure exerted on the nerves.
- Injections: Corticosteroid medications can reduce the swelling and inflammation of the nerve, bringing some relief.
- Orthoses: These are tailor-made shoe inserts and pads that help relieve irritation by lifting and separating the bones, reducing the pressure exerted on the nerve.
- Decompression Surgery: Decompression surgery is performed when the condition doesn’t respond to any of the non-surgical treatments. In the decompression surgery, the pressure exerted on the nerve is reduced which in turn reduces the inflammation, swelling, and pain.
- Removal Of The Nerve: When nothing works, and the patient is under severe pain, the doctors may decide to remove the nerve itself.
- Medication: Patients are given painkillers and anti-inflammatory medications to help soothe the pain and reduce the swelling and inflammation.
We are one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad with years of experience for treating Morton’s neuroma with the help and support of our multidisciplinary team we give integrated 360-degree care to our patients making us one of the top hospitals in India.
You may also interested in reading
- Morton’s Neuroma. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mortons-neuroma/symptoms-causes/syc-20351935 Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Morton’s Neuroma. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/mortons-neuroma Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Morton’s Neuroma. NHS. Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/mortons-neuroma/ Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Morton’s Neuroma. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/women/mortons-neuroma Accessed on June 15th, 2020.