Bariatric Surgery Cost in Hyderabad
We have one of the best team of bariatric doctors and best bariatric surgeons in Hyderabad, who are highly specialized in weight loss and obesity using techniques like gastric balloon, gastric bypass, gastric sleeve.
What is weight loss surgery or bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgery is a surgical procedure of the digestive system to promote weight-loss in people with severe obesity. Also called as weight-loss surgery, it is recommended to severely obese patients with a BMI above 40, when conventional strategies have failed.
How much does Bariatric surgery cost in India?
The average cost of Bariatric surgery in India is approximately Rs. 210000/- 560000/-. However, the prices may vary depending upon the hospitals in different cities.
What is the average cost of Bariatric surgery in Hyderabad?
The cost of Bariatric surgery in Hyderabad depends upon multiple factors and ranges from Rs.2,45,000 – 3,40,000
What are the types of weight loss surgery or bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgeries aim at reducing the food intake and increasing early satiety. This is achieved by different procedures as mentioned below:
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB) surgery: A small pouch is created with the help of a band to minimize food intake and increase satiety.
- Gastric balloon surgery: A balloon is placed inside the stomach to promote early satisfaction.
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery: A small pouch is placed that bypasses stomach and duodenum. The bypass mechanism is believed to cause changes in the gut hormones, and hence promote satiety and suppress hunger.
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy: A portion of the stomach is removed to form a narrower gastric sleeve.
What are the factors that cause the weight loss surgery to vary?
The weight loss surgery cost is governed by several factors, such as:
- Availability of skilled bariatric surgeon, weight loss specialist and facilities
- Type of surgery – open or laparoscopic
- Health condition of the patient
- Usage of medications and additional investigations