Advanced Surgical Gastroenterology Treatment in Hyderabad
Endoscopy Treatment Hospital in Hyderabad
Some of the latest technology and facilities available at Yashoda Hospitals are:
- UGI Endoscopy: It is a procedure to examine the upper gastrointestinal tract using a flexible video-endoscope. It can be used for diagnostic as well as therapeutic use i.e. it can be used for the diagnosis of conditions such as gastroesophageal reflux disease, H pylori infections, etc. It can also be used for the management of emergencies such as variceal bleeding, application of thermal current or hemoclips, treatment of bleeding peptic ulcers, placement of a tube in percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) or jejunostomy. The department also performs endotherapy for early cancers and places stents for malignant lesions.
- Colonoscopy: It is a procedure to examine the lower gastrointestinal tract using a flexible video-endoscope and can be used for diagnosis of conditions such as polyps, cancers, strictures, etc or therapeutic application such as the management of colonic obstruction with stents, endotherapy for lower gastrointestinal bleeding, and polypectomy, etc.
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography): It is a procedure for treating biliopancreatic disorders including relieving obstructions in biliopancreatic cancers by the placement of stents or obstructive jaundice caused by common bile duct stones.
- EUS (Endoscopic Ultrasonography): It is an advanced technology to perform the ultrasound examination and detailed visualization of the walls of the esophagus, duodenum, stomach, bile duct, the pancreas, lymph nodes, blood vessels, and other organs.
- Capsule Endoscopy: It is a technique in which the patient is asked to swallow a capsule with an inbuilt camera that takes pictures of the intestine and transmits them. It helps in the diagnosis of various conditions such as intestinal bleeding, chronic diarrhea, polyps, and tumors in the small intestine.
- Manometry: It is a technique in which the pressure exerted on the esophagus, stomach, duodenum, and anorectal region is measured. It aids in the diagnosis of diseases such as achalasia cardia, pelvic floor dysfunction, Hirschsprung’s disease, chronic constipation, and incontinence.
Why is laparoscopic surgery performed?
Laparoscopy surgery is performed to diagnose and treat conditions of the pelvic or abdominal region.
What is ERCP surgery?
Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) surgery is a technique that combines upper gastrointestinal endoscopy with X-rays to treat conditions related to bile and pancreatic ducts.
What does minimally invasive gastrointestinal surgery mean?
Minimally invasive surgeries or laparoscopic surgeries allow the surgeons to perform surgery with smaller incisions in which a small video camera may be used to direct the surgeons.
What does advanced surgical gastroenterology mean?
Advanced surgical gastroenterology refers to the use of advanced techniques and technologies to treat the conditions of the gastrointestinal tract.
Health Blogs for Gastroenterology
Apple Cider Vinegar for Acid Reflux : Is it safe?
Aug 18, 2021 17:14
People often try to use Apple cider Vinegar for various digestive issues including reflux symptoms, weight loss and other general wellbeing such as better blood sugar control and to maintain skin health etc. Here is a logical discussion of the scientific facts behind the practice.
పొట్టలో పుండ్లు యొక్క 10 అత్యంత సాధారణ లక్షణాలు. మీరు నిర్లక్ష్యం చేయకూడదు
Mar 27, 2020 14:26
మీరు నిర్లక్ష్యం చేయకూడని పొట్టలో పుండ్లు(gastritis) యొక్క 10 అత్యంత సాధారణ లక్షణాలు.
Does drinking water after meals disturb digestion?
Feb 20, 2020 12:25
Many advise that you should have water at least 30 minutes after you have had a meal. Let’s read a little to find out how true or false these concerns are.
స్పైరస్ ఎంటరోస్కోపీ(Spirus Enteroscopy) అంటే ఏమిటి?
Jan 24, 2020 11:42
‘స్పైరస్ ఎంటిరోస్కోపీ’ అనేది కూడా ఒక రకమైన ’ఎండోస్కోపీ’ పరీక్ష లాంటిదే. ఇది చిన్నపేగును పరీక్షించేందుకు ఉపకరించే ఓ ప్రభావవంతమైన పరీక్షాసాధనం. ఇది చాల సరళమైన, సురక్షితమైన, ప్రభావవంతమైన వైద్యపరీక్ష.
చిన్నపేగుకు శ్రీరామరక్ష పవర్ స్పైరల్ ఎంటిరోస్కోపీ ( Power Spiral Enteroscopy )
Jan 23, 2020 11:30
శరీరం ఆరోగ్యంగా ఉందనడానికి సంకేతం మన జీర్ణవ్యవస్థ సక్రమంగా పనిచేయడం. దీని పనితీరు దెబ్బతింటే శరీర బరువు తగ్గడం దగ్గరి నుంచి
గ్యాస్ట్రో వ్యాధుల వివరాలు మరియు రాకుండా తీసుకోవాల్సిన జాగ్రత్తలు
Aug 14, 2019 10:26
'ప్యాంక్రియాస్' (క్లోమ గ్రంథి) చిన్న పేగుకు పక్కనే ఉండి జీర్ణ ప్రక్రియలో కీలక పాత్ర పోషిస్తూ ఉంటుంది. అయితే ప్యాంక్రియాస్ స్రావాలు ఒక గొట్టం ద్వారా వచ్చి చిన్న పేగులో కలుస్తాయి. ఈ గొట్టంలో ఏదైనా ఆటంకం ఏర్పడితే అక్కడ వాపు వస్తుంది. దీనినే ప్యాంక్రియాటైటిస్ వ్యాధి అంటారు.
కాలేయ వ్యాధి లక్షణాలు మరియు చికిత్స విధాన వివరాలు
Jul 03, 2019 16:55
ప్రధానంగా రెండు కారణాల వల్ల జాండిస్ సోకుతుంది. మొదటిది శరీరంలోని బైలిరుబిన్ అత్యధికంగా ఉత్పత్తి అవుతుండటం. రెండోవది సహజంగా ఉత్పత్తి అవుతున్న బైలురుబిన్ను కాలేయం తొలగించలేకపోవడం. ఈ రెండు సందర్భాల్లోనూ బైలిరుబిన్ శరీర కణజాలంలో చేరి స్థిరపడుతుంది. కామెర్లవ్యాధి సోకిన వ్యక్తి శరీర అంతర్భాగంలో కొన్ని స్పష్టమైన మార్పులు కనిపిస్తాయి.
Nov 14, 2016 09:14
Crohn’s disease may affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract from mouth to anus. Crohn’s disease or inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) affects the digestive tract. The symptoms of Crohn’s disease are evident as abdominal pain, severe diarrhea, fatigue, weight loss and malnutrition. Significantly, Crohn’s disease may spread to different areas of the digestive tract. It […]
Acid Reflux Disease
Sep 09, 2016 05:59
Do you have a burning sensation in the throat, sometimes producing a sour or acidic-tasting fluid in the throat? Acid reflux disease is caused when the stomach acid flows back up into the esophagus or food pipe. Acid reflux is described in different ways as heart burn, indigestion and pyrosis. When acid reflux occurs more […]
The key to accurately diagnosing hernia is anatomy
May 30, 2016 04:13
Hernia is a condition where an organ pushes through the muscle or tissue that holds it. Hernia is seen to occur in the upper thigh, belly and groin areas. To prevent the dangerous complications of hernias medications and surgery are usually recommended. Hernia is of three types. Inguinal Hernia occurs in majority of patients, where […]
Pancreatitis: Severe or chronic cases are life-threatening
Feb 13, 2016 04:00
Pancreatitis is the inflammation of the pancreas. Pancreas is a flat and long gland situated behind the stomach. It produces different enzymes to help the digestion process. Pancreas produces the hormone, insulin that helps to regulate sugar (glucose) in the blood. Usually, the mild cases of pancreatitis may go away with time, however, the severe […]
Gastrointestinal Stents: Safe and Effective alternative to Surgery or Repetitive Endoscopic Procedures
Dec 10, 2015 05:33
Stents are used to enlarge/correct the narrowed blood vessels or other channels in the body. In gastroenterology, stents are used by surgeons to open up bile ducts, esophagus, small bowel and colon which may be diseased or infected. Stents help the patient to perform natural activities like eating and drinking. The gastrointestinal surgery tract extends […]
Esophageal spasm – Appears occasional, may turn as chronic pain
Mar 13, 2015 05:43
Esophageal spasm is the disorder when one faces abnormal contractions of the muscles. Muscles in the esophagus (the tube which carries food from the mouth to the stomach) gets narrowed down and gets limited space and develops into spasms and hence the food cannot pass in a proper manner. Symptoms This condition is very uncommon […]
GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) may lead to Barrett’s esophagus
Mar 13, 2015 05:26
Barrettªs esophagus is a medical condition in which the tissue lining of the esophagus is replaced by the tissue similar to that of the lining of the intestine. The esophageal tissue lining is damaged by stomach acid. This condition is a complication of gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD); around 10% of people with chronic GERD […]