Surgical Gastroenterology Hospital in Hyderabad
The department of surgical gastroenterology at Yashoda Hospitals treats various diseases such as:
Esophageal diseases treated at the center of surgical gastroenterology include:
- Barrett’s Esophagus: It is a condition in which there is a metaplastic change in the esophagus.
- Esophageal Spasm: It refers to painful contractions in the esophagus, and they are usually sudden.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD): It is a chronic condition in which the lower part of the esophageal sphincter is affected, and causes the food to come back up from the stomach.
Yashoda Hospitals provides treatment for stomach diseases such as:
- Peptic Ulcer: Ulcers are sores present on the lining of the stomach or intestine. They are caused due to the bacteria H.pylori but may also be caused due to other reasons.
- Dyspepsia: It refers to the discomfort or pain experienced in the upper abdominal region. It is also known as indigestion, and its symptoms include bloating, pain, burping, nausea, and discomfort.
- Nausea And Vomiting
Small Intestine Diseases
Small intestine conditions treated at the center include:
- Appendicitis: It refers to the inflammation of the appendix.
- Celiac Disease: It refers to the inflammation and destruction of the inner lining of the small intestine due to an immune reaction to gliadin, a gluten protein.
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding: It refers to any form of bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: It refers to the chronic inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: It refers to an intestinal disease in which cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea, etc are experienced.
- Duodenal Ulcers: It refers to a sore that forms on the lining of the duodenum, and causes pain and discomfort to the patient.
- Malabsorption Syndrome: It is a disease in which the absorption of nutrients through the small intestine is prevented.
Pancreatic disease treatment provided by the center include:
- Acute Pancreatitis: It refers to a sudden inflammation of the pancreas, that can be mild to life-threatening.
- Ampullary Carcinoma: It is a type of malignant tumor present at the end of the bile duct where it passes through the wall of the duodenum and ampullary papilla.
- Chronic Pancreatitis: It refers to the inflammation of the pancreas that worsens over time. 
- Cysts of the Pancreas: It refers to the presence of sacs filled with fluids in the pancreas.
Liver And Bile Duct Diseases
Bile Duct Stones: It refers to the presence of a gallstone in the bile duct.
- Cirrhosis: It refers to the scarring of the liver.
- Hepatitis: It refers to the inflammation of the liver.
- Chronic Liver Disease: It refers to liver diseases that last more than 6 months, and maybe caused due to viral, alcoholic, or other factors.
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: It refers to a group of conditions in which there is an accumulation of excess fat in the liver.
How is a liver disease diagnosed?
To diagnose liver disease, a group of blood tests known as liver function tests are carried out.
What are the causes, symptoms, and treatments of peptic ulcers?
Ulcers are mostly caused due to the bacterium H. pylori, but it may also be caused due to certain classes of drugs such as NSAIDs.
The most common symptoms are burning stomach ache, intolerance to fatty food, heartburn, and nausea. Treatment of this disease often includes surgical procedures such as vagotomy or gastrectomy.
What are the symptoms of appendicitis? How is it diagnosed?
The major symptoms of appendicitis include abrupt pain in the abdominal region, chills, fever, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and malaise.
To diagnose this condition, physical examination, blood tests, urine tests, and imaging tests may be carried out.
What are the causes of acute pancreatitis? How is it treated?
Acute pancreatitis is caused due to certain factors such as the presence of gallstones, cystic fibrosis, previous abdominal surgery, hypercalcemia, etc.
To treat this condition, fluid resuscitation, medications for pain relief, and nutritional food are usually recommended. We provide the best treatment for this condition in Hyderabad.