Pulmonology and Critical Care specialists at our Center for Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine, provide treatments to the following lung disorders and conditions.
- Bronchial thermoplasty for asthma: Bronchial thermoplasty (BT) is a bronchoscopic procedure which offers hope in difficult-to-treat asthma. It is a safe, minimally invasive procedure that aims to open up the narrowed airways and facilitate airflow (breathing). This is achieved by selectively reducing the thickness of the smooth muscle mass by applying radio-frequency pulses.
- Tracheal Stenting for esophageal cancer: Tracheal stenting is a procedure wherein a self-expandable stent is placed in the trachea. The cancerous growth in the esophagus is large enough to obstruct the adjacent airways and increase the risk of respiratory failure.
- Cystic fibrosis
- Sleep disorders
- Snoring and sleep apnea
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pneumonia and Tuberculosis (TB)
- Lung Cancer
- Severe respiratory failure
- Acute lung injury
- Flail chest
- Acute and chronic respiratory failure
- Various lung infections
- Single maintenance and reliever therapy (SMART) for asthma
- Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS), a minimally invasive procedure used to diagnose lung cancer, infections, and other diseases causing enlarged lymph nodes in the chest
- Removal of foreign body through lipid / fiber-optic bronchoscopy
- Surgery for Lung & Esophageal Cancer & other thoracic tumors including complex resections
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS) or minimally invasive thoracic surgery
- Lung Volume Reduction Surgery for Emphysema (LVRS)
- General Thoracic Surgery including surgery for benign lung disorder, multi-drug resistant tuberculosis, pleural diseases and various mediastinal & esophageal pathologies
- Management of non-cardiac emergencies like ARDS, acute neurological emergencies, acute ventilator failure.
- Management of toxicological emergencies
- Complex electrolyte imbalances, septic shocks, postoperative medical emergencies, etc.
- ALICE -6, the latest sleep diagnostic system is managed by experienced sleep physicians and sleep technologists
Patient Testimonials For Pulmonology
Mrs. Vasantha, patient of Dr. Nagarjuna Maturu, Pulmonologist is leading a
Mrs. Padmavathi aged 45 years was suffering from Asthma since she was 15 years
Health Blogs for Pulmonology
ఆగంచేసే ఆస్థమాకు అందుబాటులో శాశ్వత పరిష్కారం
Aug 14, 2018 13:26
ఆస్థమా. మనదేశంలో దాదాపు రెండు కోట్ల మందిని వేధిస్తున్న వ్యాధి ఇది. అన్ని వయస్సుల వారినీ జీవితకాలం వెంటాడే రుగ్మత.పెరుగుతున్న వాతావరణ కాలుష్యం, మారుతున్న జీవనశైలిలో లోటుపాట్ల కారణంగా ఆస్థమా తీవ్రత ఎక్కువ అవుతున్నది. తీవ్రమైన ఆస్థమాతో బాధపడుతున్న వారి సంఖ్య గడచిన కొద్ది సంవత్సరాలలో పెరిగిపోయింది
Bronchial Thermoplasty, a Novel Approach to Treat Severe Grade Asthma
May 04, 2018 17:42
Bronchial thermoplasty is a procedure that improves airway patency and airflow in asthmatics by reducing the smooth muscle mass. The procedure is minimally invasive and requires no incision or hospitalization.
An insight into respiratory diseases and their clinical presentation
Apr 04, 2018 13:59
Respiratory diseases, infections and disorders can affect anyone, whether you smoke or not, are allergic to specific elements, immune compromised or otherwise. Yashoda Hospitals breaks down the major types of respiratory diseases based on the regions of respiratory system they affect.
Nov 28, 2016 10:50
Influenza or flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by virus that infects the nose, throat, and lungs Influenza or flu is a viral infection that affects the nose, throat and lungs. It has to be distinguished from stomach flu that causes diarrhea and vomiting. Influenza goes away on its own however in some it […]
Oct 31, 2016 06:47
Tuberculosis (TB) is a bacterial infection of the lungs and other parts of the body Tuberculosis (TB) is an infectious disease of the lungs. It is caused by a type of bacteria called Mycobacterium tuberculosis and spreads from one person to another through expelled droplets while sneezing and coughs by the infected. TB is also […]
Smoking and Sepsis are Leading Causes of COPD
Dec 26, 2015 07:08
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonology Disease (COPD) is marked by difficulty in breathing, and almost similar symptoms as asthma, emphysema and chronic bronchitis. COPD is caused by incessant smoking, with smokers increasingly prone to COPD and asthma problems. COPD is characterized by the following symptoms, Shortness of breath and cough Yellowish phlegm early in the morning Mild […]
Acute and Chronic Respiratory Failure
Dec 23, 2015 04:21
When the blood is sent to different organs of the body with not enough or less oxygen, the condition is referred to as respiratory failure, periodical checkup of chronic respiratory failure treatment, will reduce the risk factors. All organs of the body require continuous flow of oxygenated blood for optimal performance. Too much of carbon […]