- Diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower GI endoscopy
- Diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endosonography
- Diagnostic Capsule Colonoscopy
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL)
- Oesophageal and Rectal Manometry
- Management of acute upper and lower GI hemorrhages
- Removal of polyps from large intestine
- Stent placement in food pipe, colon, small intestine, bile duct and pancreatic duct
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic ERCP - Management of bile duct & pancreatic duct stones
- Procedures like TIPSS are done regularly
Major GI Surgeries like
- Intestinal Resection
- CBD Exploration
- Total Proctocolectomy
- Shunt & Devascularization Surgeries for Portal Hypertension, Liver Resection
- Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomosis for Pancreatic Resections, Ulcerative Colitis, Whipple's Operation
- Surgeries for Biliary strictures in addition to routine abdominal and G I surgeries,
- Surgery for acute and chronic pancreatitis and cancer pancreas.
Laparoscopic surgery like:
- Lap. Appendicectomy
- Lap. Cholecystectomy
- Lap. CBD Exploration
- Lap. Anti-reflux Surgery for Hiatus Hernia
- Lap. Adhesiolysis
- Lap. Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Lap. Incisional Hernia Repair
- Lap. Diaphragmatic Hernia Repair
- Lap. Rectopaxy for Rectal Prolapse
- Lap. Vagotomy
- Lap. Cardiomyotomy for Achalasia Cardia
- Lap. Assisted Colectomy
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy and Biopsy
- Bariatric (Weight Loss) Surgery
Bariatric Surgery is a journey that lasts for a lifetime. The first step on this journey is opting for a programme that provides a safe, comprehensive approach to the surgery. Yashoda Hospitals provide Super Specialty Bariatric treatment with advanced medical technology and expertise. We focus on addressing obesity with modern treatment strategies, research and education, as losing weight is often not as easy as it sounds. Our bariatric surgeons perform the most effective and safest weight loss surgery procedures.
Types of Bariatric Surgery
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding (LAGB): Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding (LAGB) is purely restrictive weight loss surgery. Restrictive forms of weight loss surgery such as LAGB promote weight loss by limiting food intake and promoting a feeling of satiety (fullness) after meals. During LABG surgery, a silicone (gastric) band is placed around the upper stomach through keyhole laparoscopic surgery.
- Laparoscopic Gastric Sleeve Resection (LGSR): LGSR is a surgical weight-loss procedure in which the stomach is reduced to about 20-30% of its original size, by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach along the major curve of stomach. The remaining stomach looks like a tube often called as stomach tube. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach. The patient feels full after a small intake of food.
- Roux-en-y Gastric Bypass (RYGB): In gastric bypass the stomach is divided into a small upper pouch and a much larger, lower pouch. This new stomach area is then connected to small intestine. The rest of the stomach is left in place and continues to remain healthy. This will reduce the amount of food taken and thus the calories consumed. Bypassing part of the intestine also results in fewer calories being absorbed. This leads to weight loss.
Laparoscopic or key-hole surgeries are performed for no scars, lesser pain and shorter hospital stay. Bariatric surgery is the only reliable and sustainable weight reduction method which is proven beyond doubt in its safety and efficacy.