Juvenile & Young Diabetic Clinic, Yashoda Hospitals, Secunderabad
Juvenile & Young Diabetic Clinic offers dedicated & comprehensive diabetes care for your child. At Yashoda Hospitals, we recognise the need for a prioritized, quality care for early diagnosis and treatment. Our multidisciplinary team of diabetologists, endocrinologists, paediatricians, and diabetes-specific nurses & dieticians offer a patient-focused care for children with diabetes. The Juvenile & Young diabetes care includes:
- Diagnosis and treatment – regular sugar checks, eye checks, foot exam, lipid profile urine tests & kidney function tests.
- Support for self-monitoring of blood glucose
- Education about the use of insulin and diabetes pills
- Guidance for managing lows and highs in blood sugars
- Counseling for foot care, sick day & stress management
What is Juvenile & Young Diabetes?
Type 1 diabetes in children is commonly known as Juvenile diabetes. However, childhood diabetes may either be type 1 or type 2 diabetes because children are increasingly at risk for type 2 diabetes too. About 18,000 kids are diagnosed with the disease and it is not possible for an individual to outgrow diabetes with age. It is therefore important to check for risk factors, identify diabetes early, and act timely.
Are you aware of the risk factors for juvenile diabetes? Diabetes can occur at any age, with or without obvious warning signs or symptoms. Any family history of diabetes increases the risk for diabetes in children and young adults. Diabetes concerns every family in one or the other way. It is important for the parent or caregiver to know what to look for in children with diabetes or risk for diabetes.
How do you know if your child is diabetic?
Look for these signs & symptoms:
- Increased thirst
- Frequent urination
- Unexplained weight loss or gain
- Yeast infections
- Irritability or behavioural changes
See your child’s doctor if you notice any of the signs or symptoms of type 1 diabetes.