Emergency Medicine is one of the most exciting medical specialties. Since very few centers provide training programs in Emergency Medicine, there is an enormous demand for qualified emergency physicians. If you think that you have the aptitude and the inclination to pursue a lucrative career in emergency medicine, make a choice right now.
To provide the aspirants a dynamic career in Emergency Medicine, Yashoda Group of Hospitals introduced a 3-year Masters in Emergency Medicine (MEM). The course is accredited by the Society for Emergency Medicine, India (SEMI).
The 3 year training programme is designed for MBBS graduate who are interested in handling emergencies and early management of trauma. Candidates for this course will receive training experience in Yashoda Hospital's department of Emergency Medicine.
MEM by Yashoda Hospitals provide a highly focused formalized training experience in emergency care. The specific aims are to:
- Provide in-depth knowledge in life saving emergency interventions
- Provide intensive, supervised research experiences with enabling candidates to use various diagnostic tests and interpret their results intelligently and promptly
- Provide knowledge and skills of the entire medical and surgical specialty to deliver emergency care appropriately to save the critically ill patient within the golden hour
The training program objectives are to generate:
- A new cadre of skilled independent emergency physician trained to conduct emergency care independently
- New leaders in emergency care who can advance scientific knowledge, public policy, develop priorities within the field, and act as spokespersons on the national and international level for emergency care science
- A physician with humanistic qualities, attitudes and behavior necessary for the development of appropriate patient-doctor relationship