Neurology is a medical specialty dealing with disorders of the nervous system. Specifically, it deals with the diagnosis and treatment of all categories of disease involving the central, peripheral and autonomic nervous systems, including their coverings, blood vessels, and all effecter tissues, such as muscles.
The centre for Neurology at Yashoda is committed to provide the highest standards of surgical & non-invasive treatment based on latest technologies and procedures. The centre is headed by world-class neurologists and neurosurgeons and ably supported by a very competent clinical staff.
Yashoda is among the first and very few centres in Andhra Pradesh to introduce Intra-arterial Thrombolytic Therapy for Acute Ischemic Stroke.
The centre for Neurology has a dedicated critical care unit with ventilators, online monitors, ICP monitors, central oxygen & suction, Dual Source CT Scan, 1.5 T MRI, Carotid Doppler, Digital Subtraction Angiography (DSA), Electroencephalography (EEG), EMG/NCV/EP facility, state-of-the-art physiotherapy centre with all modern equipments and a fully equipped sleep laboratory.
A wide spectrum of equipments include the latest generation MRI whole body CT scanner, ECG, EEG, Neuro Sonograph, Neuro Electrophysiology Lab, Carotid Doppler studies and a modern theatre complex equipped to handle head and spinal injuries, Micro Neuro surgeries of vascular lesion's brain and spinal tumors etc.
Emergency Neurosurgery is a big strength at Yashoda. We offer emergency stroke services with 24-hour availability for emergency thrombolytic therapy of intra-arterial or intravenous thrombolysis.
The most advanced diagnostic facilities are available to neurologists and neurosurgeons at Yashoda. They are experts at managing Protean Neurologic Disorders, and are adept at complex surgeries including Micro-Discectomy, Specialised Spinal Procedures, Brain and Spinal Tumours, Aneurysms, Vascular Malformations, and Brain and Spinal Injuries.
Centres for Physiotherapy, Dietetics and Psychology work closely with Yashoda Neurology in providing rehabilitation for conditions such as cerebral palsy, etc. Special nutritional care is provided to the patients on ventilatory support.
- Intensive care neurology for all critically ill patients and those suffering from coma, stroke, hemiplegia, etc.
- Emergency stroke services with 24-hour availability of stroke team of doctors for emergency thrombolytic therapy of intra-arterial or intravenous thrombolysis
- Management of coma
- Management of paralytic patients and patients with hemorrhage
- Infections of the brain and nervous system
- Management of serious neuropathies like AIDP with ventilatory paralysis, serious metabolic brain disorders, etc.
- Epilepsy treatment on OPD basis as well as investigations of epilepsy including EEG
- Pediatric neurology problems including epilepsy, neuropathy, mental retardation
- Movement disorder problems like Parkinson's, tremors, dystopia, etc.
- Treatment of headache cases, including those with migraine to serious types of hemorrhages, etc.
- Brain tumors management
- Dementia (Memory loss cases)
- Spinal cord problems, sciatica, disc problems
- All types of muscle diseases